Sunday, March 4, 2012

Warm Summer Day.

Remember that day when we got in your car and just drove. We drove until we hit the top, top of the world it felt like. I was soaking up your smile, and taking in your laughs. We watched the sunset and danced to our song. Remember when you let me wear your jacket and you took pictures of me, and told me how beautiful I looked?

I remember.

Some of the best times were with you. You're big dreams of going places I never thought were possible. You're ambition to be something big, and never giving up until you reached it. You inspired me. You made me feel like I could do whatever I wanted. I could be anyone. You helped me grow, you showed me love, and you gave me friendship. You made me feel like I was something again. I was something to you, and you are the world to me.


1 comment:

  1. I'm digging this. I really like the small things. Like just driving in a car. Wearing someone else's jacket.

    The second paragraph was so BIG> times, dreams, ambitions, inspiration, love, friendship. I get lost in the big things sometimes.

    The last sentence does the same thing. Start with something small (I was something) then switch to something big (you are the world).

    My advice: stay small.

    I love the middle line. I remember. Such a powerful line. We have a writing prompt later in the year where we just repeat that phrase: I remember, I remember....

    ReplyDelete